Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Chemistry on a full-time permanent basis from January 2022. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an independent boarding and day school for boys aged 11 to 18 and girls aged 16 to 18, with girls joining Year 7 from September 2023. Situated in 45 acres of beautiful countryside near Henley-on-Thames, they offer an outstanding education based on small class sizes, excellent facilities and dedicated teaching staff.
The school was founded as an educational charity in May 1959. The main building of Skipwith is a fine Victorian manor house, and sits amongst modern buildings created for teaching and boarding. It boasts a range of state-of-the-art facilities, from a fully equipped gym and weights room, a recording studio, Lecture Theatre, theatre in the listed area of the Stableyard, a designated contemporary study area called the Thinking Space, large onsite sports fields that are maintained by award-winning grounds staff, a multi-purpose sports centre and an all-weather Astroturf pitch. Located on the banks of the River Thames, it has its own stretch of water providing an exceptional setting for rowing.
The school is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Teacher of Chemistry to teach across all key stages. This is a superb opportunity for a suitably qualified practitioner to join an innovative and successful department supported by their excellent technicians. The ability to secure successful outcomes for pupils in key stages 4 and 5 is very important. The role would suit an energetic teacher committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning; a teacher who can inspire and challenge all pupils, particularly those in the Sixth Form.
You will be responsible for:
● Delivering the chemistry curriculum across all key stages to the highest possible standard (Edexcel GCSE Combined and Triple Award and Edexcel A level)
● Supporting the stated aims as given in the Staff Handbook and the College Development Plan
● Operating within the context of a boarding/day school
● Carrying out a share of school duties and co-curricular activities, including games where appropriate
The successful candidate:
● A degree in chemistry or closely related subject, with excellent subject knowledge
● An ability to teach GCSE and A Level
● Excellent communication skills with pupils, parents and staff
● Ability to implement effective programmes of study, and engage in effective teaching, in line with the examination specification requirements and departmental schemes of work
● Keeping abreast of relevant curricular and educational developments
● Ability to contribute to the development of teaching and learning initiatives
● An enthusiasm and ability to motivate and inspire pupils, together with setting high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their potential
● Good ICT skills
● A competitive starting salary in accordance with experience and qualifications
● Teachers’ pension scheme is available
● Free lunch and supper when on duty
● Free gym membership and use of the open air swimming pool (summer)
● Childcare vouchers
● Accommodation may be available on site
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1478118
PLEASE NOTE: If you are shortlisted for interview, you may be asked to complete the schools application form.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...