Please see the detailed job description which is attached.
The ideal candidate:
- Ability to teach Chemistry to GCSE level
- Flexible in outlook and attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Inspirational to both pupils and staff
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Patient, friendly and approachable
What we can offer:
- An attractive, well-resourced Science department
- Support from senior colleagues
- Motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- An excellent pension scheme
- Free school lunches during term time
- Free on-site parking
- Use of school facilities, e.g. swimming pool
- A peaceful location on the edge of the city of Oxford
Abingdon-on-Thames is an historic, modern market town situated eight miles to the south of Oxford, with its world renowned reputation as a centre of academic excellence. The town has a lively community and has undergone recent development to upgrade the central shopping area. There are a good selection of restaurants, cafes and bars situated a just few minutes walk away from the river and gardens of Abbey Meadows. The town supports a mixed and international community and has excellent bus links to Oxford which is just a 15 minute ride away and provides a wealth of social and cultural opportunities.
How to apply:
Applications should be made via the TES website. Please complete the application form in full leaving no gaps in your employment history. In the interests of fairer and safer recruiting we do not accept CV applications.
Application deadline: midnight, Sunday 4 December.
Further details can be found on the school website at www.olab.org.uk