The job role requires the candidate to deliver A Level Chemistry with some teaching at GCSE. For an immediate start. This position would also be appropriate for an NQT.
Skills and knowledge:
- The candidate must have a secure knowledge of their subject and keep up to date with recent changes in subject developments
- Keep up to date with developments in pedagogy and how they can be applied to learning in the curriculum, including relevant behavioural management strategies, assessment for learning methods and the provision for individuals with special educational needs;
- Develop IT skills to ensure that they can be integrated into the subject at all levels
- Be committed to your own development
- Attend relevant INSET courses as appropriate, both internal and external.
- Teach students according to their education needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the student both in school and elsewhere
- Assess, record and report on the attendance, progress,development and attainment of students and keep such records as are required
- Monitor the attainment of students and communicate this with parents and Form Tutors
- Provide, or contribute to written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and/or groups of students;
- Ensure that ICT, Literacy and Numeracy and are reflected in the teaching/learning experience of students
- Undertake a designated programme of teaching, working from schemes of work and other course specific literature
- Ensure a high quality learning experience for students which meets internal and external quality standards, undertaking and being subjected to lesson observations by internal and external observers
- Prepare and update subject materials, including displays and online materials
- Use a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and demands of the specifications
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the School’s Behavioral Policy and encourage good practice with regards to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and prep
- Mark, grade and provide written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required, using a range of different strategies
- Develop appropriate schemes of work at Key Stages 4 and 5 with other departmental staff and the Head of Faculty
- Attend and contribute to regular department meetings
- Assist in the provision of extra-curricular departmental activities including regional competitions
- Organise and contribute to the execution of departmental field trips
- Participate in the School’s Performance Management arrangements
- Work with relevant Support Staff where necessary and any other external stakeholder in a professional manner
- Ensure that Risk Assessments are carried out within your teaching area, especially on school trips
- Ensure that Health and Safety Policies and Procedures are adhered to
Adcote School for Girls is a unique, vibrant, independent school.Established in 1907, the school has around 300 pupils on roll and is set in a magnificent Grade I listed building, surrounded by 30 acres of beautifully landscaped parkland. Adcote combines small class sizes and individual attention which go hand in hand with a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities. Adcote is proud to be the only ‘purely girls’ independent school, from 4-18 years in Shropshire. Adcote allows girls to flourish in a single-sex environment where they make lifelong friendships with other girls, and where they learn to lead without unfair competition or distraction from boys. We are defined by our single-sex status, being an all girls’ school is fundamental to our identity.
- Academic excellence
- Idyllic, safe location in a Grade 1 listed building in the heart of rural Shropshire
- Small friendly classes
- Emphasis on politeness, manners and smart appearance of our pupils.
- Wide range of extra curricular Activities
- School day to 6.00pm
- Very competitive fees which are inclusive of extras, with a number of scholarships available.
The decision about which school to choose for your child is one of the most important that any parent has to make.Many parents who have chosen Adcote comment on its welcoming atmosphere and our polite, well-behaved and motivated pupils. As a school we aim to offer an excellent academic education as well as access to a wide range of Music, Drama and Sport.We believe that Adcote offers its pupils the best possible opportunities to succeed. We hope you will come to visit Adcote on a normal working day to see the school in action when we will be very pleased to meet you. Adcote is proud to be in membership of the Girls School Association (GSA).