We are looking for an outstanding and motivated Chemistry teacher to join our successful Science department. The department has a strong team of 14 teachers who are supported by four experienced technicians. The Department works well together, teaching across the key stages, sharing ideas and enthusing students. Personal and professional development are encouraged and supported; several members of the team hold other responsibilities within the school.
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfil our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experience for our students who are a delight to teach.
We set high expectations for all, but this is accompanied by a support system for students and staff which includes universal access to coaching and mentoring, significant opportunities for individualised personal, academic and professional development and a culture which emphasises kindness and integrity above all.
We are committed to creating a happy, purposeful and secure environment which provides the opportunity for all to develop and grow; to build confidence and self-belief; and to be enriched and stimulated so that everyone plays an active and positive part of the Rosebery, Epsom and wider communities.
We hope that you will want to come and join our unique school community.
What we are looking for
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who will teach Chemistry and other science subjects to students of all abilities in Years 7 to 11. There may be an opportunity to teach A Level Chemistry for the appropriately qualified candidate.
• Have high standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, committed to working as part of a team.
• Have the ability to motivate both students and your peers with a proven track record in achieving excellent student progress.
• Be passionate about student welfare.
Why work at Rosebery
• An exciting opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• A successful NQT support programme including a bespoke learning programme and protected time with no cover expectations.
• Classrooms with SMART boards.
• Extensive use of Google Drive to facilitate a sharing of resources.
• A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work efficiently and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• Access to CareFirst, an advice and information service.
• Onsite parking, canteen and coffee bar.
Salary Scale: Main Range/Upper Pay Range London (Fringe)
Working Hours: Full Time, Part Time applications will be considered
Closing Date: 9.00am on Monday 19 April 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Rosebery is a vibrant and stimulating place to work. We have a record of high performance but continually challenge all members of our community to improve further, in order to fulfill our moral purpose to provide the best possible educational experi...