The postholder must have the experience to teach the PYP programme.
As a Malvern College teacher the postholder will play a full role in the school’s curricular, co-curricular and pastoral programmes.
- Take responsibility for primary Chinese classes, supporting, nurturing and taking a genuine interest in the holistic development of all children in that class;
- Work closely with the PYP Coordinators, Head of Year and PYP colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the PYP programmes and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
- Plan and deliver lessons, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
- Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
- Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
- Select relevant resources and digital tools to support and enhance learning;
- Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupil learning;
- Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
- Write formal reports on a termly basis;
- Provide appropriate pastoral support as and when necessary;
- Contribute to the school’s House system;
- Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings, Admissions Days and CPD as appropriate;
- Play an active role in the school’s co-curricular programme;
- Play a full part in the school’s admissions process including attending Saturday Admissions day(s) as required; and
- Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Head of School or Headmaster.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chinese;
- A recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE);
- Minimum two years’ teaching experience in primary years education;
- Previous experience of teaching the IB PYP is preferred, although outstanding candidates without prior IB experience will be considered.
- An appreciation of the IB Philosophy is required;
- All staff employed by the College to teach PYP would be expected to hold a current IB training qualification, at minimum of Category 1 level, within the given subject area prior to taking up the position;
- Residency in Hong Kong or holder of a work permit in Hong Kong;
- Native level of Putonghua and fluent in English;
- Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in Hong Kong and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to workl; and
- A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV with photo. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2022
Closing date: Interviews will be on a rolling basis and as such early applications are encouraged.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype or in person. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malverncollege.org.hk/. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org
Malvern College Hong Kong (MCHK) opened its doors to its first pupils in August 2018. This co-educational day school caters largely for international pupils, reflecting the truly multicultural nature of this vibrant city. Malvern College Hong Kong cu...