Salford College’s vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Classical Civilisation
Reference Number: SCC1718100
Salary: £23,396—£38,748 per annum. Incremental progression throughout the band is available
Advert Closing Date: 12.00 pm May 18th 2018
Interview Date: 23rd May 2018
Location: Pendleton Sixth Form College
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic teacher to join a successful and highly motivated team at Pendleton Sixth Form College teaching AS and A Level Classical Civilisation. The successful candidate will have a degree or equivalent in a related subject along with a teaching qualification (or working towards). You will be well motivated, responsive to change and innovative with excellent communication skills. Classical Civilisation is a very successful subject that is growing in popularity with our learners and the successful candidate will be keen to work with the Humanities team to develop the subject still further.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
· Sixth Form College’s Associations terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
· A wide range of learning & career opportunities
· MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
· Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
· We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.