Would you like to use your Classics skills and knowledge teaching highly motivated students in one of the foremost state schools in the country?
We’re looking to appoint a teacher of Classics who would relish the opportunity to inspire our highly motivated, articulate and diligent student body. The school greatly values the contribution that the study of Classics brings to its curriculum offer and to the all-round development of the students, helping them flourish as global citizens.
Classics is a popular subject choice at GCSE and A level, and the department supported the achievement of an extraordinary set of grades in the summer with 67% of Latin GCSE grades at level 9-8, and 100% A*-A at A level.
To be successful, you will need to:
- be confident in teaching Classics to A level to high-achieving students
- be an excellent classroom practitioner, who is prepared to engage with evidence-based research in your teaching
- contribute to an extensive and thriving extra-curricular programme
- have the ability to communicate effectively with staff, students and parents
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to join a highly successful Classics department with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted
- a two-week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office. Please return the completed application form to email@example.com
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 27 January 2020
Interview date: Thursday 30 January 2020
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.