Harris Academy South Norwood amalgamated with Harris Academy Upper Norwood in September 2014 to create one academy operating across two sites. The leadership group and teaching staff work across both sites. We have one Governing Body. In the next two years, as the academy continues to grow, we will have over 2,500 students including 500 in the 6th form.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic teacher of Computer Science to work within our vibrant highly motivated and successful Computing department.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to teach Computer Science from KS3 to KS5
- Have high standards and strong classroom management skills
- Have a passion for Computer Science, excellent subject knowledge and be committed to ensuring all students reach their full potential.
Harris Academy South Norwood is an 11-18 mixed, multi-cultural Academy. We are an Investors in People school and professional development is at the heart of our work.
Why work at Harris Academy South Norwood?
Harris Academy South Norwood is an Outstanding academy with excellent facilities for teaching and learning, operating across two sites and one Governing Body. We have the highest standards of behaviour and expectations and have been recognised by the DFE as being one of the best schools in England for our type of intake, and one of the most effective schools in the country. Our programmes for professionally developing staff are first class.
- A dynamic curriculum, delivered through an ethos of business and enterprise and the very best in technology and resources across our two sites
- A warm, ambitious family of staff and governors with a passion for learning
- Excellent personal and professional development opportunities through the Harris Federation network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package - see our benefits page for further information
For more information about this position or to arrange a visit to the academy, please email Elouise Gillette at GilletteE@harrissouthnorwood.org.uk or telephone 0208 4055131.
Harris Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.