Teacher of Computer Science & ICT
Start Date: September 2018
Location: Littlemore, Oxford
Salary: Main or Upper Pay Spine
Contract: Full time and permanent - NQTs welcome
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a full time Teacher of Computer Science & ICT at The Oxford Academy. We are a Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development following our Ofsted inspection in 2016. We are ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is exemplary.
All levels of experience considered.
The successful applicant will join this energetic and friendly department and will enjoy working with highly-motivated and intellectually-curious students at all levels. This is an exciting time to join the department where Computer Science and ICT has become a popular choice for GCSE.
The department motivates students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve. ICT classrooms are well resourced and offer a stimulating environment, which fosters a culture of mutual respect for successful learning.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong subject and curriculum knowledge with the ability to effectively teach a range of interesting and well planned lessons in ICT and Computer Science across Key Stage 3;
• Deliver and plan lessons using OCR GCSE Computer Science current specification for Key Stage 4 and BTEC National Level 3 ICT at Key Stage 5;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching and learning, taking responsibility for students’ progress;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning;
Please see job description and person specification for further details.
Application packs are available on the Oxford Academy website at: theoxfordacademy.org.uk
If you have, any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: email@example.com
Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: Midday Friday 20 April 2018
We regret that if you do not receive any correspondence by Friday 27 April 2018 please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.