St Hilda’s College, Buenos Aires, is seeking to appoint a fluent English speaking teacher of Computer Science and Mathematics, experienced in teaching both subjects at IGCSE and AS/A Level.
The College is looking for a well-qualified teacher for February 2018 to teach students within a Spanish and English bilingual context, where both the Argentine National Curriculum and the Cambridge International Exam Curriculum are taught. The ideal candidate will have experience in both Computer Science and Mathematics and a minimum of 3 years’ experience. They will need to teach all lessons in English, show initiative and adaptability and relish the challenges and rewards of teaching in a foreign setting.
If you are interested in the challenge of a different teaching experience in an exciting environment, this opportunity may well be for you. The successful candidate will be welcomed into a team that fosters pedagogical discussion and aims to make their subject accessible to all students.
Description of role:
- Experience of working in a successful school that follows The National Curriculum of England at KS3, IGCSE and AS/A Level
- Excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical practice in Computer Science and Mathematics
- Well-versed in Visual Basics, Python, Scratch, Word, Excel, Access and Databases
- A record of outstanding teaching at the 11-18 age range
- Drive and enthusiasm to inspire, nurture and empower students
- Focus to maximise student attainment, progress and achievement
- A confident and impressive communicator who is a team player
The appointee will be offered:
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to shape and develop the curriculum
- An attractive salary and employment package
- Private medical insurance and residence visa
- Accommodation allowance
- Start and end of contract flights
- End of contract gratuity
- Sunshine and a vibrant Buenos Aires living experience
Required Candidate profile:
- UK National
- A Bachelor’s degree relevant to Computer Science or Mathematics
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Education with Qualified Teacher Status
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the UK or abroad
- 21st Century teaching skills with evidence of continued professional development
The appointee will be contracted for an initial 3-year period, which will be renewable thereafter. The right candidate will become part of a friendly, constructive and supportive working environment, with an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future development of the school. St Hilda’s students are responsive and respectful, but lively at the same time, as they are equipped with the skills to make a positive contribution to their society as adults. Buenos Aires is vibrant city in which to work and live, with lots going on and welcoming to expatriates.
Please send a copy of your CV to include qualifications, a recent photograph and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org , mentioning the post for which you have applied in the subject line. Initial interviews will be held via Skype.