About the role: Do you have the drive, ambition and determination to secure outstanding outcomes for our students? Do you want to work in a school which specialises in STEM? The Leigh UTC and Inspiration Academy are seeking to appoint an experienced Teacher of Computer Science for April 2018 (or sooner if available). You will join an enthusiastic and motivated team who make a valuable contribution to the success of the school. This is a truly fantastic opportunity for a passionate Teacher to become part of a well established, highly collaborative and successful team as we are confident that our teaching and support teams, our facilities and most importantly our students will inspire you. Join us for a visit at a time to suit you and allow us to demonstrate exactly what we have on offer.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent practitioner
- Be able to teach across all Key Stages (3-5)
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of subject knowledge, teaching ability, previous academic achievements and a resilience due to the nature of this department being a key focus of ours
- Have the knowledge and experience, or ambition to teach across the whole range of age and ability
- Be an excellent team player
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved
- This post would suit either a newly qualified, or more experienced teacher looking for an opportunity to develop their career in sharing the passion and vision of our school
Please consult the Job Description attached for a more detailed overview of the responsibilities and duties of the role - these are in line with the National Teaching Standards.
Recent Ofsted success! The Leigh UTC was recently judged as Good with Outstanding Leadership in our first inspection since opening. Our key successes and features that our successful candidate can be part of are as follows;
- The promotion of pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding
- Pupils, including the disadvantaged and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities, catch up from previous underachievement and make strong and often rapid progress in a range of subjects and disciplines
- Application to learning is often exemplary
- The Leigh UTC makes a real difference for its pupils and surrounding area. Pupils become motivated to find and follow their passions. They leave well equipped to succeed in engineering and related technical and design careers and contribute to the economy.
- The Principal, with his leaders and staff team, model a high-quality working environment. This rubs off on pupils, who value the supportive ethos, work-like atmosphere.
About The Leigh UTC: Having opened in September 2014 with state-of-the-art facilities, The Leigh UTC provides an exciting, innovative, business-led, problem-solving curriculum throughout Key Stage 4 and 5, enabling students to achieve relevant work-related qualifications and transferable skills for future training or employment. The project-based approach develops a deeper understanding of real issues and creates life-long real world learning in a 21st century engineering society. The most unique feature of The Leigh UTC is its business ethos that are emphasised by our students' behaviours and supported by our sponsors.
All students at The Leigh UTC will specialise in either Engineering or Computer Science; at 14 they will also study a broad and balanced curriculum and at Post 16 the curriculum becomes more specialist with A levels in Physics, Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Computer Science, Product Design and Chemistry being studied alongside their specialist BTEC Level 3 course in Engineering or IT with a handful of globally recognised qualifications to prepare them for the workplace.
About Inspiration Academy @ The Leigh UTC: The mission of the Inspiration Academy is to develop curious, academically-skilled young people from Year 7 to 9 (Key Stage 3) who aspire to be principled, compassionate learners. Through a rigorous, broad and balanced personalised learning programme, with a focus on science, technology, engineering and maths, the Inspiration Academy will afford its students the experiences, skills and values that will prepare them not only for examination courses within The Leigh UTC, but also for career pathways and global competition in the 21st century. Our curriculum strives to create students who are self-motivated, competent, willing to take risks and lifelong learners.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.