Teacher of Computer Science
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Wilsthorpe School is a high-performing academy that is well on the path to becoming an outstanding school. Everyone in the school believes in our journey of improvement and shares common goals. Strong relationships exist between students and staff which are open, warm and friendly and these relationships have led to excellent attitudes to learning.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wilsthorpe School for a Teacher of Computer Science. Within this role you will be responsible for delivering lessons that engage our students and encourage them to be the best that they can be. This role with see you join a small friendly and supportive faculty who are driven in providing student focused lessons utilising our excellent facilities.
Perfect for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to student’s learning. The ideal candidate will be motivated, patient and caring with the student’s quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of what they do day to day. This post would equally suit a confident and ambitious NQT or an experienced teacher.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people. We offer:
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals; the successful candidate will join an established network of SENCOs across the Trust.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 1 March 2021
Interviews will be held on: Week commencing 8 March 2021. Please note this may change due to pending national announcements about reopening of schools.
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years