Dubai College is seeking to appoint a lively, enthusiastic and highly committed Teacher of Computer Science to engage our very able students through creative planning, inspiring teaching and excellent subject knowledge. As a teacher at Dubai College you will be expected to monitor, assess and evaluate the learning which is taking place and then report the findings to students and parents and adapt your teaching accordingly. You will also take responsibility for your own professional development and actively seek out opportunities in order to contribute to your own professional growth with support from the College. Finally you will also recognise that your role extends far beyond the classroom: you will be expected to be a form tutor to an assigned group of students, contribute to the school’s PSHE programme through Enrichment Days, tutor time and class assemblies, as well as lead at least one extra-curricular activity per week and participate in one whole-school event in an evening or on a weekend at least once per term.
All applicants must:
- hold a degree in Computer Science or related subject
- have a minimum of one year’s teaching experience
- be able to demonstrate outstanding subject knowledge and evidence that that they have taught, added value and achieved outstanding results at GCSE and A Level
- have experience of teaching in a British curriculum school
In addition the successful candidate will:
- be able to teach Computer Science throughout Key Stages 3 to 5
- stretch the very brightest students who aspire to study the subject at leading UK and US universities
- know how to support students with effective intervention strategies
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached. This is also available on our website https://www.dubaicollege.org/join-us/recruitment/teaching together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on email@example.com.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and operates child protection screening which includes contacting previous employers and Disclosure and Barring checks.
The deadline for applications is Friday 22nd March with interviews planned for Sunday 24th and Monday 25th March 2019.
Please note that we reserve the right to interview strong candidates before this deadline; we encourage candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.