Butcher Hill, Leeds, |Executive Principal (secondaries) : Jon Norden
Teacher of Computer Science – Maternity Cover
Required for September 2019 – Maternity Cover
Abbey Grange is a thriving, highly successful and over-subscribed 11-18 Church of England convertor Academy which serves communities right across the city of Leeds. Our students come from all over the city to receive an education in which we all work together to challenge them academically, support them pastorally and help them develop socially and spiritually. Abbey Grange is part of the Abbey Multi Academy Trust.
Our goal is to become an outstanding Academy that delivers on our mission - In Partnership to 'Educate, Nurture and Empower' and we are well on our way to achieving this. Ofsted graded us a 'good' school in February 2017 and we celebrated our GCSE results in 2018 with 79.3% of our students achieving 9-4 in English and Maths.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, energetic and forward-thinking Teacher of Computer Science to join our busy and vibrant department. Applicants must be able to inspire our students, be an excellent role model, teach across the ability range and contribute to a team focused on developing exciting and engaging learning experiences for students across the 11-19 age range. Applicants must be willing to contribute to the wider life of the Academy.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed and passionate teacher to join a successful and CPD focused department where new initiatives are welcomed and encouraged.
As a Teacher we will nurture, challenge and support you throughout your career here at Abbey Grange.
You will be:
• A routinely good/outstanding teacher with the ability to teach all aspects of Computing (Computer Science and Information Technology) at KS3/KS4 and KS5, including experience of teaching A Level Computer Science.
• A colleague looking to either start or further your career within a supportive team.
• Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential.
• Inspirational to colleagues and students - sharing best practice.
We can offer:
• An Academy and Computing Department that will allow you to be inspirational, creative and play an active part on our journey to becoming ‘outstanding’.
• Tailored CPD with a commitment to support your career ambitions, free car parking and personal iPad.
• A Department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm.
This is a genuinely exciting time to join our Academy. If you are looking to join an Academy with happy positive and polite students and staff then we want to hear from you.
To apply please download recruitment pack and email completed application form to Miss Fuller at
The closing date for applications is 9.00am Monday 18 March , with interviews scheduled to take place Tuesday 26 March
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Miss Fuller at Abbey Grange C of E Academy on 0113 2757877.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.