Does Raspberry Pi mean anything to you? If so, can you teach KS4 or KS5 Computer Science?
Do you enjoy teaching students the theory, design, development and application of software systems?
Would you like to teach in a £30 million state of the art Academy with well-equipped classrooms?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
Due to maternity leave, The Stockwood Park Academy have a great opportunity for a Teacher of Computer Science to join our successful Academy! We are seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Teacher who can successfully plan and deliver KS4/5 Computing topics and skills required for GCSE Computer Science. Some familiarity with the new KS5 ICT/Computing vocational course requirements would be desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
- Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners
- Start Date: May 2018 (Alternative start dates will be considered)
- Salary: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale
- Job Role: Fixed Term Contract, Full Time (Potential for the role to go permanent)
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good; leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“
- Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Monday 19th February at 12pm Interviews: W/C 19th February 2018
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today – we look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226 or email email@example.com
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.