Job title: Teacher of Computer Science
Age range: Secondary up to IB Diploma Level
Employed by: NCBIS - to support the vision, positive ethos and policies of the school
Responsible to: Head of Faculty/ Head of School
Qualifications: Degree and PGCE or QTS or appropriate teaching qualification.
Experience: Minimum 3 years teaching
For Jan 2020 (or Sooner), New Cairo British International School (NCBIS) is looking to recruit an outstanding full-time candidate.
NCBIS is the leading British international, not-for-profit school in Egypt and is an authorised IB World School with more than 60 nationalities represented among 700 students aged 3-18. The student population is made up of 65% expatriate and 35% Egyptians who must have dual nationality. NCBIS is renowned for the excellence of its educational programmes, which includes a strong CAS element across the school, and a welcoming learning environment.
The secondary school students follow the English National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and then take the GCSE edexcel examinations in Year 11 and the IB Diploma in Year 13. The school is fully accredited by CIS and we are members of COBIS and BSME.
We are located in New Cairo, a quiet and tranquil part of Cairo. The small class sizes contribute to our sense of family and enable us to give all our students the attention they require. Our parents are committed partners and play a vital role in creating this enriching cultural environment.
Interested applicants should:
● Have a passion for learning, with experience of current best practice;
● Have UK or equivalent teaching qualifications;
● Have proven experience of teaching to at least Computer Science IBDP and/or A’ level and ideally IB Information Technology and Global Society;
● Be committed and hard-working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care;
● Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and a strong sense of collegiality;
● Be able to teach HTML, Python, Google apps for Education and Microsoft Office (including Access);
● Possess humour, energy, flexibility and a positive outlook;
● Be open to the many opportunities and some challenges that living in Egypt will bring.
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive not-for-profit school, you will receive a generous package including:
● Highly competitive tax-free salary
● Accommodation allowance
● Comprehensive international private medical cover
● Free primary education and secondary education for your dependent children (where applicable)
● Return air passage to the base country each year
● Re-signing on bonus upon contract renewal
Employment terms are initially a two-year contract which can be extended annually.
Successful candidates will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service: (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service) and/or for a police clearance from their home or resident country.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at http://www.ncbis.co.uk
To apply please fill the Online Application Form or send your CV (with photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Thursday November 21st, 2019.
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. Initial interviews may be held by Skype.