Avanti House is a secondary school 11-19 school that opened in 2012. Currently there are 1,200 students with a Sixth Form of Year 12 & 13. The school is consistently over-subscribed in applications for the year 7 intake each year.
For January 2022, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of Computer Science to join a highly successful and growing department. The successful applicant should be able to deliver KS3 to KS5 Computer Science.
The department maintains good links with industry and local universities. with opportunities for students to take part in workshops, competitions and work experience placements.
The staff at Avanti House staff are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our teachers and TAs to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
What will you do?
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
- Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
- In the spirit of the ethos of the Avanti Schools Trust, treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/families, governors, other staff, the Avanti Schools Trust and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
- Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
What are we looking for?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be accountable for the attainment, progress and outcomes of pupils’ you teach
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
- Teacher’s pension scheme
- Development opportunities
- A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
- Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
- A committed and motivated staff team;
- An attractive working environment;
- Supportive parents
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti House is a very happy school where the behaviour and attitudes to learning, by all students are exceptional. Students have an established and meaningful ‘voice’ through the prefect system and school council. It is through working in close part...