An Outstanding School seeks
Teacher of Computer Science
We are an 11-18, mixed secondary school situated in Altrincham, on the edge of Manchester and are consistently ranked in the top 20% of schools (and often higher) in the country. The school is a vibrant family community, inclusive and proud of the achievements of all our pupils. We are proud of our school’s achievements and have been recognised as being consistently in the top 20% of schools nationally in terms of the progress pupils make between key stage 2 and the end of key stage 4, using the Progress 8 measure. Our average P8 score for the last 3 years is 0.4 which is significantly above average for all schools nationally.
We are very proud of our Sixth Form students who in 2018. achieved impressive results which placed us 14th in the country out of nearly 3,000 similar Sixth Forms and top in Trafford for progress. Level 3 Value Added – L3VA with a score of 0.72
Our school has been judged by Ofsted as an outstanding school on two consecutive occasions and has also been judged outstanding in the last Diocesan inspection on Religious Education and Catholic life.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher who has a passion for teaching Computer Science
We are looking for the following qualities in our staff:
• Inspiration, energy and passion about pupils’ learning in Computer Science
• An excellent classroom practitioner with high standards of appearance, professional conduct and expectations
• Excited about curriculum development in Computer Science
We can offer:
• Supportive and ambitious colleagues
• A school with an ethos of continuous improvement
• Highly motivated and talented pupils
• A warm friendly atmosphere based on family values
Closing date for applications is Thursday 14th February 2019 at noon.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).