- Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
- £25,714 - £36,961
We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual who has the ability and skills to successfully work as part of a multidisciplinary team, teaching Computing and Creative Media to students in our HEART department with the possibility of some teaching in the main school.
HEART, our Health, Education, Assessment and Revitalising Therapy department, was redefined in September 2016 in a response to meet an ever-increasing need from Local Authorities to find school placements for youngsters with mental health difficulties. It now comprises 30 very vulnerable students (from Years 9 - 15), who, whilst generally academically very able, cannot cope with pressure so need gentle encouragement in order to achieve their educational potential. You will be expected to collaborate closely with teachers, therapists and key workers and be flexible in your approach.
This role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. All of our learners have EHCPs and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School works towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
• Be able to teach Level 3 Creative media
• Be able to teach KS3 and KS4 Computing
• Qualified Teaching Status
• Work flexibly and cooperatively within a multidisciplinary team
• A commitment to understanding mental health difficulties
• Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
• Some understanding of SEMH
• Proactive, creative and innovative
• Emotionally robust and resilient
• Flexible, engaging and adaptable
• Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
• Employee Assistance Support Line Service
• Regular mentoring and coaching
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Closing Date – Wednesday 22nd September at 9am
Interviews will be held within approx 1week of the closing date
Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact email@example.com for further information to arrange a visit or an informal chat with the curriculum lead.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post (including an Enhanced DBS check. Management positions will require a 128 Check.)
West Heath School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
We are a Specialist Independent School catering for a diverse range of needs for boys and girls age 11-19, many of whom have emotional and social communication difficulties. Prior to coming to us, some of our students will have been excluded from mai...