Teacher of Computing and ICT
Are you looking to work with highly aspirational students in a diverse multicultural environment?
We are seeking to appoint a Computing and ICT Teacher who is able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong track record of raising attainment and achievement of every student in the subject or the ability to demonstrate you are developing outstanding practice if an NQT
- Be a passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
- Strong subject knowledge of Computer Science
- Eagerness to become a supportive Form Tutor
- Ability and willingness to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and a good team player
Experience of teaching specialist Computing to A Level standard would be desirable.
We are a growing department and there will be an opportunity to be involved in curriculum development by working with others to plan for effective teaching and learning.
In return, we offer:
- A highly committed and driven staff
- Students who are very keen to learn and make more than expected progress
- A supportive environment with excellent CPD opportunities
- A multicultural, diverse environment with high expectations for our students
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey in South London. We are passionate about raising the aspirations and achievements of our students. Sponsored by the City of London Corporation, the Academy provides a broad, high quality education with an added focus on Business & Enterprise and Sport to students aged 11-18 years old.
All applications must be made using the TES online application form. CVs will not be accepted.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
The closing date is Tuesday 28th November 2017, and suitable applicants will be contacted upon receipt of their applications.