Closing Dates: Wednesday 21st March 2018
Salary: Main Scale plus Performance Premium Initiatives
Contract type: Permanent
Start Date: September 2018
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels? - Ofsted 2015 Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014 The Petchey Academy is currently seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial individuals to work within the Enterprise and Innovation Department Outstanding Teacher of Computing wanted for an exceptional school
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial teacher to work at our academy. We are looking for a candidate who is committed to maintaining the high standards set within The Petchey Academy.
The Computing and ICT Department is a forward-thinking, well-established department. Results have improved steadily in recent years. The department has recently introduced A Level and GCSE Computer Science and all KS3 students receive two lessons a week with a focus on digital literacy and computing.
Teachers have high expectations and work well together to create an atmosphere in which all students can fulfil their potential. The department has very good facilities with all lessons taking place in one of the 4 Suites dedicated to the department. A range of proprietary and open-source software is available to students on a Windows-based platform. Students have their own dedicated space for communication and file-access, as well as access to shared areas for course materials.
We are looking for:
- A qualified teacher who can teach across all key stages 3-5 and who has excellent subject knowledge
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning
- A collaborative and driven individual who will support and lead on the delivery of the subject through an assortment or inventive approaches including curriculum design and teaching strategies through the use of ICT and intervention programmes
- A teacher who has the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to be part of a growing academy in the centre of Hackney’s thriving community
- Excellent facilities and resources for all colleagues and students
- Excellent professional development opportunities and opportunity to grow within the academy
- An excellent benefits package
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Sir Jack Petchey CBE, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you.
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please also note that as part of the academy’s safer recruitment procedure successful candidate will undergo the enhanced DBS check. To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk vacancies section