Teacher of Computing
Part time .75 / Full time
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are seeking a very well-qualified and inspirational teacher to join the Computing Department with a passion for the subject and ability to convey to students how Computing shapes their daily lives. Computing is a highly-regarded subject at Challoner’s High and will be a very rewarding subject to lead and teach.
Within the Maths and Computing Faculty you will experience:
· Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
· Excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources
· A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
· Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
· London Fringe allowance
· A level Computing is an increasingly popular choice with the girls.
· Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
· The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Department
Salary / Allowances applicable MPS
Start Date September 2018
Application Deadline Tuesday 17th April
Interview Date Monday 23rd April
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from email@example.com
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.