TEACHER OF COMPUTING
Inner London Pay Scales MPS
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2019
In this very exciting time for schools with technology at the forefront of learning, we would like to appoint an exceptional, dynamic, well-qualified teacher/graduate of Computing. Bishop Thomas Grant is a very successful, heavily over-subscribed school with an outstanding ethos where new staff are well supported. The successful candidate must have excellent subject knowledge and passion for their subject area.
Bishop Thomas Grant has high academic standards within a disciplined and very well resourced environment. The successful applicant must be able to teach Computing at Key Stage 4 and 5 as well as BTEC ICT and Computing at Level 2 and 3. The department has state-of-the-art facilities, boasting 9 computer rooms with excellent technical support.
The department consistently achieves outstanding results with the following results in August 2018:
· 90% A*-C A-level Computing
· 90% 9-4 GCSE Computing
· 100% A-C BTEC ICT Level 2
· 100% D*-P BTEC IT Level 3 90% D*-D
WHY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION?
• The school has an outstanding ethos and environment for learning.
• We are committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff and place great emphasis on their wellbeing.
• Bishop Thomas Grant is a hugely oversubscribed school (in excess of 1000 Applications for 180 Year 7 places) and enjoys a considerable reputation in the local area for its academic excellence and caring ethos.
• The school has been placed in the top 100 non-selective schools nationally for both attainment and progress.
• Attainment at the school is significantly above national averages for virtually all subjects and all groups of students.
Bishop Thomas Grant School operates rigorous safeguarding procedures. Applications from experienced teachers and NQTs are very welcome. Applicants do not have to be Catholic but should be committed to working within the Catholic ethos of the school. If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact Mrs S Branson at the school: firstname.lastname@example.org Completed application forms must be returned to Mrs S Branson the School Business Manager. We currently have an open closing date for this post and will interview suitable candidates once an application has been received.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 22nd May 2019 Midday.