We have an exciting opportunity to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher of computing with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for their subject.
The successful candidate will have: • a strong subject knowledge and passion for all aspects of computing and digital learning
• the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the i-Gryphon strategy
• the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the Department
• the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
• excellent communication skills and the ability to celebrate and promote high quality teaching and learning
• the ability to be a team player who will go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of this role
The post holder will also teach Computer Science at GCSE and A-level, Information Technology GCSE and the Certificate in Digital Applications and Ks3 computing. Our ideal candidate would be able to teach Computer Science to A-level but, within a team of 4 teachers, there is some flexibility dependent on the candidate’s particular strengths.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in a computer-related discipline and will teach Computer Science at GCSE and A-level, Information Technology GCSE and the Certificate in Digital Applications and KS3 computing. Applications for this role are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
The Gryphon is a wonderful place to work and has a special atmosphere and feel. It became an academy in August 2012 to sustain the quality of our outstanding provision. The school is now part of a multi academy trust with its feeder primary schools. You will find Sherborne to be a centre for educational excellence as a beautiful rural country town that has easy road and rail links to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast. We are an outward looking school with excellent community links as well as strong relationships with other good and outstanding schools across the South West and England.
Teaching is often outstanding. Teachers make lessons stimulating and practical. They have excellent subject knowledge. The 2013 Good School Guide described pastoral care and discipline as ‘exceptional’. Students are reflective, behave with great courtesy, and are heavily involved in working with staff to improve the school and the welfare of others. We are a comprehensive school serving a diverse community. The high quality support staff make a real difference.
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students.