Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast. We are proud to be able to offer:
- A unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
- Beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
- A record of outstanding academic achievement
- Superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
- Excellent pastoral care.
The Computing Department is looking to recruit a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated graduate to join a dynamic, friendly and highly successful department. Applicants should have a strong academic background and be able to teach Computing to A Level. Examination results are excellent in this subject and applicants will:
- have a degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline, or have significant experience of programming and other computer science topics through their job
- have excellent subject knowledge and have the skills to promote a collaborative learning culture to maintain high standards
- be a passionate advocate of Computing as a discipline and career
- be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
- have excellent planning and preparation skills
- have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
- be resilient under pressure
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful applicant will join a fast expanding, well-resourced and innovative department, and this position would suit either someone new to teaching or a more experienced candidate. Full School Direct courses are available which allows teacher training on the job if the candidate is not a qualified teacher. The appointed candidate will need to contribute substantially to the ongoing development of all syllabuses and be able to work both collaboratively and individually to ensure the department maintains the highest standards both in and outside of the classroom. Digital Learning is a new subject to be introduced in 2019 and there will be requirement to contribute to the development and teaching of this course.
Staff will be encouraged to contribute fully to the co-curricular life of the School, and this is reflected in the salary offered. A strong commitment to the pastoral and house system is also anticipated. Accommodation may be available. Assistance is offered towards removal expenses.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to attract staff that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For further information and an online application form, please visit www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies For any queries, please te lephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email SchoolHR@whitgift.co.uk
Applications will be reviewed daily and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Where applicable, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.