St Margaret’s Academy is a Catholic secondary school situated in Livingston, West Lothian. The school has six associated primary schools drawing a comprehensive mix of students and serves the communities of Livingston, Pumpherston, Dechmont, Broxburn, Uphall, Winchburgh, Kirknewton, East Calder and Mid Calder. The current school roll is 1100 Students with 87 members of teaching staff including those designated to support students with additional learning needs.
St Margaret’s Academy has an excellent reputation in the local community, particularly for the high standards of conduct and confidence displayed by students. In addition to the formal curriculum, a wide range of extra-curricular and out-of-hours activities are on offer. The school receives a high level of support and encouragement from parents. Attendance at parents’ evenings is good, and information and consultation exercises are well supported.
- To ensure the highest level of attainment and achievement across the curriculum for the young person
- To maintain a high standard of teaching and promote effective learning, enabling young people to enjoy their education and to develop positive attitudes towards learning, in accordance with the purposes A Curriculum for Excellence.
- To provide effective support systems to meet the needs of all young people which promote personal, social and spiritual development and underpin academic achievement
- To provide a welcoming, peaceful, joyful and happy environment, which actively develops confidence, self esteem and respect for religious, cultural and social diversity
- To provide high quality leadership at all levels
- To promote positive links with all parts of the local community, reaching out to, and working with, our neighbours in a strong spirit of mutual respect.
The current priorities for session 2017-2018 are:
- To develop people to drive forward our improvement priorities in particular, leadership at all levels and to continue to develop teacher professionalism and career long professional learning.
- To engage parents in their child’s learning and develop a family learning programme to support key cross cutting areas such as literacy, number and health and wellbeing.
- To continue to develop robust and rigorous systems to support school improvement and identify key areas of focus. Use performance information to analyse and identify strengths and areas for development, using these as a basis for developing clear action plans for improvement which are closely tracked and monitored.
- To improve on and progress with through moderation that supports assessment of pupils’ progress in the BGE leading to accurate data that informs next steps and successful pathways into the senior phase.
A relevant teaching qualification and registration with the General Teaching Council for Scotland is essential. Written approval by the Catholic Church will be required for this position. Please see www.sces.uk.com for further information.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the West Lothian Council.
Closing date: 17/06/2018
St Margaret's Academy
Howden South Road