We’re looking for an art teacher who is committed to supporting young people who have faced multiple barriers to learning. A teacher who will share their passion for the arts and share a wide range of skills with our students.
We would like to meet art teachers who are determined to give our students innovative, experiential learning opportunities and recognise the therapeutic impact art teaching can have on young people.
Our ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate the highest quality of teaching, learning and assessment – inspiring our students; sharing a passion for learning
- be committed to tackling disadvantage and improving every student’s wellbeing and life chances.
We are able to offer flexible working conditions for the right candidate. Full time and part time applications for the post are welcomed
• Plan and teach interactive, exciting lessons which engage all our KS3 and KS4 students - including those facing barriers to learning and those with social emotional, mental and health needs.
• Have an up to date knowledge of KS3/ KS4 art curriculum (including Arts Award specifications and GCSE criteria) – and ideally be willing to teach an additional subject to GCSE level or equivalent.
• Work closely with your colleagues to produce high quality learning resources and plan expeditionary learning activities.
• Facilitate good student progress and positive outcomes - inspire, motivate and challenge our students.
Olive AP Academy – Suffolk is based in Stowmarket. Our alternative provision academy supports pupils aged between 7 and 16. The academy has up to 92 pupils on roll at any time and offers support to pupils in Key Stages 2-4 with complex or medical needs and those who have been permanently excluded from school.
The academy offers students an inspiring curriculum with high quality newly refurbished classrooms, a sports hall, art and design technology room, science laboratory, construction room, motor mechanics workshops, orchard and garden.
Our academy always welcomes visits from potential applicants. Come and see our fantastic facilities and meet our academy community. Please get in touch with Helen Everard, Business Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) T: 01449 613 931 if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
At Olive Academies we offer all our staff:
o a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
o high quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
o an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
o the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
Job title: Teacher of Creative Arts
Hours: Full time or part time
Start date: January 2020 or sooner if possible
Location: Olive AP Academy – Suffolk, Stowmarket
Reports to: Deputy Headteacher
Please email your completed Olive Academies application form to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 24th September 2019 (Midday)
Interviews to be held at Olive AP Academy – Suffolk in Stowmarket week beginning 30th September 2019.