Do you believe in the transformative and life-changing power of art and drama education?
Could you inspire our students through creative arts projects to raise their confidence, build their self-esteem and develop their creative problem-solving skills?
We’re looking for an art teacher who is committed to supporting young people who have faced multiple barriers to learning.
A teacher who is determined to give our students innovative, experiential learning opportunities and recognises the therapeutic impact art teaching can have on young people.
A teacher who will share their passion for the arts and share a wide range of skills with our students.
Just 40 minutes from central London by train, Olive AP Academy – Thurrock is based in Tilbury. Our brand new purpose built building opened to staff and students in summer 2017. Our alternative provision academy has up to 96 students aged between 11 and 16 on roll at any one time.
Our academies always welcome visits from potential applicants. Please get in touch with Collette Hunnisett, Headteacher (email@example.com T: 01708 853481) if you would like to arrange a visit or need any further information.
At Olive Academies we offer all our staff:
• a close and supportive team in a working environment where your wellbeing is a priority
• access to the OA employees’ wellbeing benefits package (including Perkbox, MyGym, CycleScheme, Employee Assistance Programme and more)
• high quality CPD, strong links to mainstream schools and opportunities for career progression
• an organisation which is values driven and has children at the centre of everything we do
• the freedom to be innovative without the constraints of a mainstream curriculum.
Salary: MPS/UPS + Fringe weighting
Hours: Full time
Start date: April 2020 or sooner
Location: Olive AP Academy – Thurrock, Tilbury
Reports to: STEMV Pathway Lead
Please email your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 18th November 2019 (midday)
Interviews to be held at Olive AP Academy – Thurrock in Tilbury week beginning 25th November 2019.
To view the role online you can visit: https://oliveacademies.org.uk/working-with-us/
For more information about the academy visit www.apthurrock.oliveacademies.org.uk