To post-holder will be a dynamic and enthusiastic Creative Digital Media Production teacher with the ability to inspire our students, all who choose to join us because they have a talent for, or are passionate about, our specialism. The post-holder will be an effective professional who demonstrates thorough curriculum knowledge, can teach and assess effectively, takes responsibility for student outcomes, and inspires and supports students to make progress and achieve their potential.
- Planning and delivering lessons to meet the requirements of:
*The Aldridge Standard
*The UTC curriculum, timetable and scheme of work
*UTC policies on teaching, learning and assessment
*The overall UTC mission and ethos
- Undertaking effective marking and review of students’ work in accordance with UTC policy. Setting and maintaining appropriate and demanding academic and personal expectations of all students.
- Planning, administrating and implementing assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies and UTC/Trust procedures.
- Attending Progress Evenings and other UTC events to discuss students’ progress with parents/carers.
- Taking part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open Evenings and Taster Days – some of which may be outside the normal working day.
- Attending college events as identified in the college annual calendar.
- Acting as form tutor to an assigned group of students, to include:
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students and of the group a whole
- Liaising with the pastoral team in relation to attendance and behaviour concerns
- Communicating, as appropriate, with parents of students and persons or bodies outside the college concerned with the welfare of individual students, after consultation with appropriate staff.
- Contributing to PSHE and British Values education according to college policy.
- Ensuring equality of opportunity and appropriate support for SEND students, disadvantaged students, the most able students, and students with particular individual needs.
- Taking every opportunity to support the development of students’ literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
- Taking every opportunity to support the social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of students.
- Working as a team member, co-planning, sharing information, ideas and expertise.
- Playing an active part in college meetings and working groups.
- Playing an active part in college events and educational visits.
- Carrying out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with the duty rota schedules.
- Participating in induction and Teacher Appraisal arrangements.
- Routinely reflecting and evaluating on your own practice, identifying professional development needs and seeking support and as required.
- Carrying out any other duties relevant to your post, as designated by senior staff.
Key Subject Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of Film and TV production processes
- Knowledge of Film Theory and the WJEC EDUQAS Film Studies course
- Knowledge of BTEC Assessment and planning
- Knowledge of Cameras and TV studio production
- Knowledge of post production software such as Premiere or similar
- Mainstream school with state - university technical college (utc) funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 18 years