The Trustees of George Dixon Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Design & Technology from September 2021.
George Dixon has achieved Academy status due to the exceptional rise in academic performance as recognised by the Department of Education; and was given the judgement of Good in all categories by Ofsted in March 2017.
The academy has achieved positive progress 8 scores in every year since its inception. In 2019, the academy achieved a +0.51 progress 8 score at GCSE and a +0.53 value-added score at A-Level placing us in the 12th and 5th percentile respectively.
Design & Technology is currently taught at Key Stage 3. The successful candidate will be given support, guidance and help to prepare for and deliver a GCSE qualification.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, confident, creative and enthusiastic teacher to contribute fully to the future development of Creative Arts.
The successful candidate will:
- Raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- Have a commitment to inclusion;
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- Have drive, enthusiasm, resilience, warmth and humour;
- Have opportunities to contribute to the wider life and ethos of the Academy.
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a supportive staff and work with well-motivated students;
- An innovative curriculum;
- The opportunity to join an aspiring academy with exciting plans for the future;
- An excellent NQT programme (if applicable);
- A data rich environment focused on raising standards.
Visits to the academy are welcomed and encouraged. Should you wish to visit, please contact Mrs Kathryn Hull (Assistant Headteacher – Line Manager Creative Arts) email@example.com
For more information, and to request an application pack including job description and person specification, please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 19th April 2021.
To formally apply for this position, you must complete the academy application form and supply a letter of application. Your letter of application must address the following two questions:
- Why do you want to be a Design & Technology teacher at George Dixon Academy? (Maximum 400 words)
- Which GCSE Design & Technology course would you introduce to the academy? Why would you select this course? (Maximum 400 words).
George Dixon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. George Dixon Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
George Dixon Academy