The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic graduate Teacher to cover maternity leave. You will be an outstanding teacher of Design and Technology with experience of teaching DT to KS3 and the ability to teach across a range of disciplines at GCSE. Ability to plan and deliver DT courses at KS5 is desirable.
Requirements for the position:
• A good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification.
• Qualified Teacher Status and an appropriate degree- we are able to support an NQT in an induction year.
• Demonstrate the capabilities required to help build a new subject in our curriculum.
• Ability to teach GCSE and be willing to teach A level D&T: Product Design.
• Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB / digital projectors. A VLE is updated regularly as a priority to support student learning.
• Offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes.
• Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
• The ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent examination results.
• A passion for Designing and Making and the ability to share this with young people.
• Excellent classroom management skills.
• A sense of humour.
• Excellent organisational skills and the flexibility to take on new technical challenges.
• The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team of staff.
• Knowledge of H&S requirements in the subject area and hold all appropriate certification in processes and equipment (training will be available if required).
• The ability to develop CAD/CAM in 2D and 3D formats. The ability to cover KS3 electronics is welcome but not essential.
The school is committed to staff development and the position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with a supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, He admaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: midday 6th January 2020.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by telephone/email and asked to attend an interview by arrangement.
The school welcomes applications from teachers in the state sector, a significant number of staff have joined us from this sector.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.