Main Pay Range (Outer London weighting)
Full Time, Permanent
September 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
Aylward Academy is an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield. Over the last 4 years our school has been transformed and we are looking forward to continued success.
If you’re an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Design Technology who can teach at KS3/KS4 and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. We are looking for teachers who can demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages. We warmly welcome applications from both newly qualified teachers and also more experienced practitioners.
In Design Technology, Engineering & Construction we aim to develop and inspire students' curiosity and innovative fascination regarding the design journey, teaching the model of Explore, Create and Evaluate through practical and technical engineering processes in order to solve real-world problems and encourage students to become Brave, Inquisitive and Independent Engineers.
Design Technology, Engineering & Construction sits within the Science and Technology Faculty. KS3 students are on a rotation of 14 weeks and practice their Design Thinking and Practise skills through practical projects. At Year 9 we offer students who are EAL learners the opportunity to take part in DT Unit Awards separate from the KS3 offer and support the wider curriculum experience through STEM-based project learning.
At KS4 we offer AQA Design Technology 9-1 and Level 2 Constructing the Built Environment. At KS5 we offer BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Engineering which is a growing subject with over 69 students picking it as a subject option.
The Department has a range of modern design facilities. These include:
- 2 workshops
- 1 construction workshop
- 1 large Prep Room
- 1 Rapid Prototyping CAD Lab with 30 PCs and Laser cutting/3D printing facilities
The Department has the following equipment:
- A1 Spirit GS Laser cutter
- Cube Pro 3D Printer
- CNC Routers
- Metal & Wood Lathe
- A CAD suite with industry-standard software including Fusion 360 and AutoCAD
- Pewter Casting machine
- T-Shirt and Heat Press machinery
We can offer you:
- The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
- Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development – ie Ambition School Leadership, Transforming Teacher programme, Tailored Support Programme
- An extremely diverse and engaging student body; working at Aylward will prepare you for any London school and is an exciting challenge for those who’re looking to teach a vibrant multicultural mix of all abilities
- Friendly and supportive SLT - the door is always open to speak freely to senior leaders and you will be warmly received from your very first day
What you can offer us:
- The ability to engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies within your classroom to ensure sustained progress across the subject
- Be committed to continuous improvement and development of both your students, yourself and the department
- Commitment to engage with and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
Closing date: Monday 03 May 2021
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Thank you for your interest and welcome to Aylward Academy, an 11-19 school with enormous potential with the students, ambition and the potential to become an outs...