- Coombe Girls’ School holds the significant accolade of being one in only 35 schools in the UK to have been awarded an Outstanding Ofsted rating four times in succession
- Total number on roll: 1,478 including a mixed Sixth Form, currently 334
- A High Performing School, with Leading Edge and Modern Languages Specialisms
- Examination results reflect the quality of teaching and learning; the school’s Progress 8 score was +0.69 and 40% of GCSE entries were graded 7 to 9 in 2019.
- Latest raiseonline report shows that pupils make progress in the top 7% of pupils nationally.
- Federated with Coombe Boys’ School since January 2006. Converted to academy status in 2012 and is part of The Coombe Academy Trust.
We are seeking to appoint, from September 2021, an enthusiastic, well-qualified teacher who is willing to teach all aspects of Design Technology. The ideal candidate will be joining a forward thinking and high achieving Design and Technology Team which consists of 4 teaching and 2 members of support staff. This post is suitable for a NQT or for an experienced teacher.
We will offer you:
- An exciting opportunity in a vibrant outstanding school
- A guaranteed CPD plan tailored to individual requirements including financial support for ‘M’ Level study. Our ongoing professional training and development includes National Professional Qualifications in Leadership.
- A successful NQT program
- A supportive department and Leadership Team
- Effective PPA allocation to allow for a better work/life balance
- Touch screen chromebooks with G Suite education embedded throughout
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits such as childcare salary sacrifice scheme, cycle scheme and retail discounts.
- Free onsite Parking
- An enthusiastic Staff Association offering opportunities for staff sport and socialising
- Excellent location with direct rail links to London Waterloo (25 mins) and a frequent bus service to Kingston upon Thames
- Access to an Employee wellbeing programme including counselling and mentoring
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a highly competent teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for their subject which is evident in their day to day teaching
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Play a full and active role in the life of the school
Coombe Girls' School
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Coombe Girls’ is a popular and highly successful non-selective 11 – 18 school that is federated with its partner boys’ school to comprise the Coombe Secondary Schools Academies Trust, based in New Malden, Surrey.
Coombe Girls’ ...