An exciting opportunity has arisen for the post of a full time Teacher of Design & Technology at The Oxford Academy. We are a Good school with Outstanding Leadership Management and Professional Development. We are ranked in the top 0.2% of schools nationally and where behaviour in and around the school is positive.
All levels of experience considered and we welcome applications from Design and Technology all specialist areas considered.
The successful applicant will join an energetic and friendly department and will enjoy working with highly-motivated and intellectually-curious students at all levels. This is an exciting time to join the department where Design and Technology is a popular choice for GCSE.
The department motivates students through an innovative curriculum where every student is encouraged to achieve. Design and Technology classrooms are well resourced and equipped with modern tools/resources as well as ICT based packages that allow a range of teaching methods to be used. Our classrooms offer a stimulating environment, which fosters a culture of mutual respect for successful learning. We do have a part time Design Technology Technician who assists the department in preparing the required resources for lessons.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Recognised teaching qualification PGCE or equivalent QTS/NQT in Design and Technology;
• Strong subject knowledge and ability to teach a wide range of technology areas at KS3;
• Be creative, passionate and dedicated to supporting learning and development of all students in the class;
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to promote high quality teaching and learning, taking responsibility for students’ progress;
• Have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning;
• Have the ability to be a team player who is prepared to go the extra mile to support students and who will enjoy the challenges of these roles;
• Have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision and direction of the department as we strive for further success together;
• Have the ability to play a full role in maintaining and enhancing the current high standards in the department, modeling positive learning behavior, having high expectations of the students in all aspects of their learning.
Please see job description and person specification for further details.
If you have any queries about the application process or would like further information or to arrange a visit to the Academy, please contact Ann O’Reilly, HR Manager: email@example.com
Closing Date for online applications: Midday Monday 24 June 2019, however applications will be considered on receipt.
To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1998 (as amended by S147 of the Nationality and Immigration and Asylum Act 2002) all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
The Oxford Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant for any position will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS (disclosure and barring system) and appropriate Right to Work clearances.