Teacher of Design and Technology
Taylor’s International School, Puchong (Kuala Lumpur)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: 2 years
Taylor’s International School Puchong is part of the Taylor’s Education Group and is the sixth in a group of Taylor’s schools located in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. These schools follow a common ethos and vision. TISPC opened its doors in January 2015 and we now educate over 1,340 children. We follow the National Curriculum for England. As a new purpose built school with excellent facilities, we offer a wonderful opportunity to join an enthusiastic staff in a rapidly growing school in a lovely part of the world.
Main Responsibilities of the post include:
- Teaching a range of Secondary year groups within the school up to IGCSE level.
- Achieving the highest levels of teaching and learning, with a proven track record of success as a teacher.
- Planning effective strategies and programs for links between the primary and secondary sections for the short, mid and long term, in alignment with the priorities of the School.
- Being part of a small team of teachers to ensure the very best planning, teaching and learning is taking place for all our students.
- Staying abreast of developments in private education in general and international education in particular.
The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
The candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
To be passionate about students’ learning and development and have:
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding teaching and learning.
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A keen knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
- A vision and passion to help expand and develop DT as an exciting IGCSE subject.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.
Understanding of the Cambridge IGCSE is a pre-requirement of the role. If you require more details, please contact the school directly.
Please email us your CV and cover letter with a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Application deadline: August 10th 2017.