The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
Design & Technology is well-respected and supported by the school community, where creativity is highly valued. It is delivered as a specialist subject to all students from year 1 through to year 9. The elements we currently deliver in the senior school are graphic products, resistant materials, textiles and food. Currently food preparation and nutrition and Design Technology are taken through to GCSE. We regularly have a third of the intake select Design & Technology for GCSE and we do offer the subject at A- level when numbers permit. The school uses the Edexcel examination board in this department.
The Senior Design & Technology team of 3 is supported by two technicians whose input is invaluable to the quality of teaching and learning that takes place. The department is well-resourced with its own laser cutter, vacuum former and 3D printer. Design & Technology falls in the Creative Arts Faculty which also includes Art. The successful candidate will need to be able to offer all subjects within Design & Technology up to KS3 with an ability to deliver Graphic Products to A- level.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- have a specialism and experience in teaching Graphics, Resistant Materials and Product Design at KS 4&5;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- be comfortable teaching Food and Nutrition, Textiles and Resistant Materials at KS3;
- be familiar with the new curriculum changes to GCSE and A-level Design & Technology and being able to confidently deliver these courses;
- have the ability to develop KS3 projects to suit the new GCSE requirements;
- have the vision, commitment and creativity to actively develop and expand this thriving faculty in a friendly, cohesive and pleasant atmosphere, in a school where standards are high and expectations even higher;
- play a full and active role in the continual development of high quality teaching and learning in Design & Technology.
There will also be a Position of Responsibility allowance for the right candidate