Forge Valley School is an 11-18 Academy sponsored by Tapton School Academy Trust. Our school ethos is founded on the principal that ambition and endeavour are key components in achieving success. Currently serving around 1200 pupils, our new, purpose-built, £27 million learning environment has excellent facilities to help us deliver our curriculum.
The successful candidate will be required to teach Design & Technology to the full range of pupils at Key Stage 3 & 4. We are particularly seeking applicants with a Product Design background to join our successful Technology department. We believe this is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious and well-motivated teacher to join the school at this exciting time. This post would be an ideal first post for an NQT – our excellent NQT programme is further enhanced by support across the Academy Trust.
· passionate about teaching and learning?
· an excellent practitioner with a positive attitude?
· an outstanding and innovative teacher?
· able to teach across a range of ages and abilities?
· a firm believer in the potential of all pupils?
We can offer you:
· the opportunity for professional growth
· first class continuing professional development opportunities
· a modern, £27 million, state of the art working environment
· access to an on-site gym which is free to staff members
Forge Valley is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates must converse at ease with members of the public and students and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential to the role.
For further information, to visit the school or to request an application pack, please contact:-
Lorna Jennings – PA to Headteacher
Forge Valley School, Wood Lane, Sheffield, S6 5HG
Telephone: 0114 234 8805
or go to
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ON THE FORGE VALLEY APPLICATION FORM AND SUBMITTED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE
Closing date: 30th June 2017 – 12noon