Teacher of Design and Technology - TLR available for the right candidate
Closing Date: 10 a.m. on 5th December 2019
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our Teachers gain the right development to ensure a successful career. We have a strong record in securing promotion. Our recent Ofsted quoted; ’Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress…’ (Ofsted 2016)
The Governing Body would like to appoint an inspirational Teacher who has a passion and enthusiasm for Design & Technology. The successful candidate will join our outstanding Design & Technology department. To support an engaging curriculum we encourage all applicants to come and visit the school during working hours to see us teaching DT! We are certain you will leave wanting to join the team and work with our students.
The DT department is well appointed with equipment and expertise and gets some of the best results in the school. We would encourage any perspective candidates to arrange a visit to see the facilities and meet the team and the students.
Heartlands High School is a great place to work. We aim to cultivate Teachers that are passionate about their subjects and seek to teach exciting lessons which engage learners. We encourage teaching that is innovative. We support our staff with an appraisal model that encourages development rather than a rigid approach to graded lessons. Our continuing professional development ensures that staff work together to improve their practice. We empower staff to deliver great lessons through a high expectations culture within the school that supports them in managing behaviour effectively through strong systems.
The School is in the heart of Wood Green close to shops, over ground, underground and bus links. You will be joining an energetic and dedicated team of Teachers working to provide an excellent education to a group of diverse and rewarding young people.
As a Teacher of Design and Technology the successful candidate will be required to:
• be an inspiring and motivational teacher of Design Technology to all abilities ensuring learning is engaging and inclusive
• work with the Head of the Design and Technology Faculty in collaboration with other staff to develop schemes of work and a pathways curriculum
• have the knowledge and ability to develop lessons based on CAD/CAM technologies
• have a proven record in the delivery of ‘Good’ and ‘Outstanding’ lessons
• advise and assist in designing SEARCH days and other enrichment opportunities in each year group
• contribute to whole school learning
• play an active role as a tutor within a vertical structure as outlined below
• ensure the behaviour management system is implemented in the subject area so that safe and effective learning can take place
• use information on pupil progress to improve teaching and learning, to inform and motivate pupils and to inform parents
Please contact our Human Resources department on 0208 826 1230 or send an email to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk if you require any further information or wish to visit the school prior to application.
Completed applications forms, with a supporting statement addressed to the Head of School, Elen Roberts, should be sent to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk by 10 am on 5th December 2019. Interviews date TBC.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.
Heartlands High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete a DBS check.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population