A Teacher in Design Technology and Art is required to join our expanding Vocational Faculty. Are you a talented and driven Teacher ready for a new challenge to develop your teaching ability? Perhaps you are currently completing teacher training, on track to receive good or outstanding looking for your first permanent Teacher position.
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when recently grading us as a good school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the last inspection.
The Headteacher is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, determined and passionate Teacher to add to their strong, well-resourced, Vocational Department. Working closely with the Head and Second in Faculty, you will join a team of supportive, hard-working and gifted teachers who put students first in their quest to provide the very best learning experiences for all. We are looking for a colleague with drive, a love for teaching and learning and a passion for their subject. The faculty is growing in size each year due to our consecutive successes at GSCE, BTEC and the introduction of Level 3 Learning. As a result we are a highly subscribed curriculum area, requiring additional staff to support our expansion. Do you have the ability to contribute to the successes of a recently built department through your teaching practice and your desire to work as part of a team?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward thinking strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large staff carpark. The school has exceptional facilities for staff and pupils, and you will be provided with high quality CPD throughout your time with us. Students really want to learn and achieve and in turn they have high expectations of their teachers.
· Competitive Pay- many of our pay scales are above national rate.
· An increasing array of employee benefits and a Career-Average pension scheme
· A full staff induction
· A strong commitment to professional development, progression, incentives and benefits for all staff including access to tailored and weekly CPD and a Worklife Support Programme
· Opportunities to see good working practices in our partner schools across the Trust,
· Sharing practices across Trust schools including opportunities for secondments
· A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
· An ethos of high expectation for students and staff
· A highly supportive department and working environment
· Excellent career opportunities
· Onsite Gym plus access to discounted membership
If this role could be for you, and you think you would make an excellent Teacher of Design Technology and Art at this Academy for January 2019, please apply now. For more information please contact Lauren Orr 01623 425100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 21 October 2018
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 25 October 2018
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.