Teacher of Design Technology
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen at Derby High School for an enthusiastic, innovative and creative DT Teacher to join our Art and Design Technology Department. With a track record of excellent teaching and the ability to work with a variety of materials and machinery, the successful candidate will have the potential to deliver outstanding DT classes throughout the 11 to 18 age range. The successful applicant will also be expected to make a positive contribution to the co-curricular life of the school.
You will be:
• an inspirational Design Technology teacher, who believes in high aspirations for all students
• passionate about innovative learning and teaching
• a dynamic, forward-thinking individual
• committed to student success
• highly organised
In return we can offer you:
• a positive and innovative learning culture supported by students, staff, parents and governors
• a collaborative and supportive attitude amongst staff which promotes a sense of teamwork and unity
• a Senior Leadership team who is committed to promoting the best environment and outcomes for staff and students
• an excellent CPD Programme
• membership of the Teacher’s Pension Scheme
Derby High is an independent day school situated on the outskirts of the city of Derby. Our friendly, happy Primary School takes girls and boys aged between 3 and 11, whilst our busy, ambitious Senior School currently educates girls only up to age 18. From September 2019, we will be offering places to boys in Years 7 and 12, as we make the exciting move to being fully coeducational throughout the school. Our Sixth Form welcomes both Derby High students and those who have completed their GCSE studies elsewhere.
Our academic record is particularly strong, with 44% of our 2018 A level entries being graded A/A*, and 61% of GCSE grades being awarded grades 7-9; this places Derby High significantly ahead of all local schools in both A level and GCSEs.
The school has rigorous child protection procedures in place and the person appointed will be asked to supply information confirming identity and qualifications and will be subject to an enhanced DBS/Section 128 checks.
For an application pack please visit our website:
Closing date for applications: 12 noon, Thursday, 25th April 2019
Interviews: Week beginning: 29th April 2019