Kantor King Solomon High School is a culturally diverse and welcoming school on the East London/Essex border. We have been judged as Good by OFSTED and regularly achieves 80% 5A*-C at GCSE. The school has a strong religious ethos but is equally welcoming to people of all faiths and of none.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our Business Technology Department. This is a new department, grouping together Design & Technology, Computing, Business and Economics and Media and looking to share ideas between all areas.
In particular we are looking for a teacher with an interest in, and knowledge of, systems and control, and micro-controllers, to take forward that area of the curriculum. We would love to hear from teachers of any length of experience. You will also have the ability to teach KS3 Maths.
What we can offer :
- Working in a large department of 10 teachers and 2 technicians
- Well-equipped specialist rooms and class suites of PCs
- Picaxe equipment, Raspberry Pi, BBC MicroBits, 3D Printer, Laser cutter
- A dedicated Systems and Contrl room
- KS3-KS5 classes, Technical level and GCSE
- Excellent support and CPD opportunities
What you can offer:
- Ability to teach across all key stages (DT) and Maths at KS3
- Knowledge of resistant materials, electronics and systems & control
- Creativity with lesson plans
- Sharing best practice and teaching methods with department
Reasons to work at Kantor King Solomon High School:
- KKS has a fantastic personal development programme for teachers at all levels. All our training is tailored to individual needs and not just a ‘one size fits all’ model.
- KKS culture is supportive, friendly and we encourage staff at all levels to share good practice and ideas. We strongly believe that teachers really can make a difference to our students’ lives.
- Our students want to learn and be part of a community they take great pride in. Behaviour is good and there are robust strategies in place to enable new teachers to establish themselves in the school.
- Our school is a diverse and vibrant place where students respect and celebrate each other’s differences. As a teacher, you will have the opportunity to join them in this enriching environment.
- We have an ambitious sixth form and encourage our staff to teach to A-level.
Please click on the ‘apply’ button below to complete the application form for this role. To find out why we’re so proud of our School, visit our website now: www.kshsonline.com or check us out on Twitter @kingsolomonhigh
Kantor King Solomon High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers must share this commitment.