Teacher of DT (Maternity Cover)
Closing Dates: 6th December 2017
Salary: Main Pay Scale plus performance related initiatives
Contract type: Maternity Cover – up to 1 Year
Contract term: April 2016
Do you want to work in a “good school”… with “outstanding leadership and management at all levels”? - Ofsted 2015
Are you looking for a school where “There is a strong, aspirational and supportive ‘family’ culture of teams”, “where commitment to learning and development is high” - Investors in People GOLD AWARD 2014
Outstanding Teacher of Design Technology wanted for an exceptional school
The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
The Enterprise & Innovation Team is looking to appoint a teacher of design technology to join an energetic and creative team who has the ability or desire to teach up to an including KS5 (both A-level and BTEC courses).
Design and Technology is well-resourced and has a clear vision for where we would like to be in the future. Each year we move from strength to strength and are now significantly established enough to move from good to outstanding. We require experienced practitioners but will consider applications from those who will be NQTs. We have potential and will support for other areas, including CAD/CAM, Engineering, Textiles and Electronics, and are looking to introduce AS/2 level Product Design in the near future. There is a strong making ethos within the department and lessons have excellent technical support.
Petchey students reflect a distinct readiness to learn and they expect to be rigorously challenged. Successful candidates are required to teach Product Design in double or single lessons, to mixed ability sets. You may also be required to teach nurture groups of “Renaissance” students, which differentiates our curriculum at both KS3 and KS4.
The department continues to develop valuable links within the wider community and a willingness to lead on enhanced activities will be essential. Successful candidates must be able to collaborate in order to achieve our particularly ambitious and academy standards.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire our students.
· Enjoy an inspiring new building and state of art ICT facilities
· Have access to a number of benefits including; a subsidised gym membership (onsite), eye care vouchers, season ticket loan and many more great benefits
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status/ NQT
- Be an excellent and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with the ability to teach Design technology across Key Stage 3 and 4.
- Have the ability to motivate pupils to achieve excellent examination results,
- Have the ability to enthuse students with a love of design,
- Have the desire to work collaboratively as part of a team,
- Be able to inspire students to learn and achieve and a have a strong commitment to the highest of standards.
- Be keen to drive the development of related extra-curricular activities and partnerships.
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)