Are you creative? Do you want to inspire others?
We seek an inspirational and enthusiastic qualified teacher of Design and Technology (Product Design) from September 2018. We are particularly interested in flexible candidates who are skilled in a range of material areas within DT, and have the ability to teach another subject within our Art & Design Technology Department.
• Passionate about your subject
• Able to engage and inspire students with ‘real-life’ learning
• Able to achieve the best academic outcomes possible.
You will have the commitment and passion for your subject and will be ready develop a strong and engaging curriculum from KS3 to KS4 that embraces the new curriculum requirements at GCSE. You will be able to build aspirations beyond the classroom with an exciting and challenging curriculum, using contemporary and relevant processes. The role could also provide the opportunity to develop a Design based subject at KS5.
What do we offer?
• The opportunity to make a difference!
• In order to support the continuing professional development of all teaching staff, we operate additional PPA where staff teach at a maximum of 80% as standard; with this post having additional PPA for leadership.
• In addition, as part of the Brooke Weston Trust we access a range of CPD opportunities from the Teaching school for staff at all levels.
Corby Business Academy provides students with a modern learning environment equipped to meet the challenges of a varied and engaging curriculum. You will join a strong and supportive team, who are energetic and passionate about promoting and growing Art and DT across the Academy. The DT Department is well-resourced department with lesson by lesson schemes of learning, interactive whiteboards, ICT and 3D modelling facilities.
Posts working with children and/or vulnerable adults will be subject to the disclosure of criminal records. This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants are required to complete a Brooke Weston Trust application form. For further details or an application form please contact Mike Sherwin by email email@example.com or telephone 07525 889925| 0116 2532389. Please note that strong applications may be considered upon receipt.
Closing date: Monday 21st May 2018