We are seeking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Design Technology who is fully aligned to our Trust Vision, Values and Behaviours and the Academy Key Drivers. A genuine passion for Design Technology and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. We would also welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers who meet the ‘Essential’ criteria set out in the Person Specification and experienced teachers looking to continue their career in a supportive faculty.
Our successful candidate will:
- be fully aligned to the Trust Vision, Values and Behaviours and the Academy Key Drivers;
- be an enthusiastic, well qualified teacher able to teach Design Technology across the age and ability range;
- be a driven, proactive and positive individual with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving;
- be a reflective practitioner with a strong commitment to effective Teaching and Learning;
- have a track record of delivering clear impact with their classes;
- have the ability to deliver consistent, high quality teaching and learning;
- bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning;
- have a true growth mindset and solid work ethic;
- have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Wath Academy operates.
In return we will offer:
- a Trust and Academy staff body that is fully aligned to deliver our Vison: Delivering exceptional learning experiences that enable all students to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives;
- modern, purpose-built learning spaces, which inspire exceptional teaching and learning;
- excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of personalised ‘Professional Learning and Development’ (PLD);
- an excellent induction programme with dynamic, driven and supportive staff, including mentoring and support from an experienced leadership team.
To find out more: please contact Liam Ransome, Principal, directly by email email@example.com
An Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications including a supporting letter should be sent to Beth Hawke, PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy add ress below:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check and other employment checks deemed relevant.
Wath Academy, Sandygate, Wath upon Dearne, Rotherham S63 7NW
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years