Woolwich Polytechnic School (rated as Outstanding by Ofsted) is looking for a teacher who can teach Design Technology to KS5.
We are looking to appoint a creative and dynamic Design Technology teacher who is innovative, inspiring, able to motivate and keen to contribute to the development of the department from Key Stage 3 through to Key Stage 5. Strong subject knowledge and being able to teach up to and including A-level is desirable. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
If you have ambition and aspire to teach in a developing department in an Outstanding school then Woolwich Polytechnic School is waiting to hear from you.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive boys’ school (co-educational at Post 16) and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The school prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. It is a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
There are plans for the Trust to grow, including the opening of a girls’ school in September 2019, which means there will be numerous opportunities for promotion and staff to take on extra responsibilities; are you ready to grow with us?
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching Design and Technology
• The ability to be an outstanding teacher
• Enthusiasm for the new Design Technology GCSE and all it entails
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school
• Good subject knowledge to KS5
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We look forward to hearing from you.