Teacher of Design Technology
Required for September 2017
To teach Design Technology at KS3 & 4
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of Design Technology to teach across the school to GCSE level. We are looking for candidates with a passion for their chosen subject and the ability to deliver an innovative curriculum at key stages 3 and 4.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following characteristics:
· Evidence of good quality teaching and subject knowledge;
· a commitment to high standards and outcomes;
· an understanding of how to use assessment to inform planning for excellent teaching and learning;
· the ability to differentiate materials to meet the needs of the learners;
· evidence of good classroom management skills;
· the ability to work with the needs of the students and parents in our culturally diverse community;
· a willingness to contribute to enrichment activities;
· the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone, and as part of a team;
· a confident and competent approach to the use of ICT to engage students in their learning.
If you are versatile, with the ability to teach a variety of Design Technology subjects, this role is for you.
Applicants should send to school a fully completed application form, which can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to: Stretford High School, for the attention of Mrs N Doward, Head teacher, Great Stone Road, Stretford, Manchester, M32 0XA.
For any informal enquiries about the post, or if you would like to arrange to visit our school, please contact Sue Simons, HR Manager: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: 12 noon on Thursday 22 June 2017
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 28 June 2017
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students, therefore references will be sought for shortlisted candidates and the appointment will be made subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.