‘Teachers have high expectations and provide pupils with detailed information and challenges which allow them to improve their work and make further progress.’
‘The school goes ‘above and beyond’ its responsibilities to ensure that all pupils are safe.’
Ofsted January 2019
Immanuel College is a successful and oversubscribed 11-18 Church of England secondary school which serves the communities around the northern border between Leeds and Bradford. We are fortunate to work in modern school buildings which have helped transform the learning opportunities that are available to our students and the community.
Our vision is to become a fully inclusive and outstanding learning community and we are well on our way to achieving this. Ofsted graded us a ‘good’ school in January 2019.
In order to further accelerate outcomes and continue to grow our talented staff team we are currently seeking to appoint an inspiring and imaginative Teacher of Design Technology with specialism in resistant materials to join our successful and hardworking Creative Arts Faculty.
You will be a teacher capable of delivering inspirational lessons and ensure that the pupils in your care are appropriately challenged and supported to achieve their very best. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a school with a culture of professional learning and reflection and one which works effectively with its community to bring about sustainable improvements.
We actively welcome applications from talented NQTs as well as experienced colleagues. We offer a supportive induction programme for all new staff joining Immanuel and we will ensure that you are challenged and supported throughout your career here.
You will be:
• A routinely good to outstanding Teacher of Design Technology and looking to start and/or develop your career in a supportive environment
• Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential
• Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice
We can offer:
• A school and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
• Career defining CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
• A Creative Arts Faculty which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
If you are looking to join a school with a culture of professional learning and reflection then we want to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be 9am on Thursday 23rd May with interviews being held on Friday 24th May.
To learn more about this exciting role and Immanuel College, visit www.immanuelcollege.net
For an informal discussion please contact Katie Green on 01274 425900 or email email@example.com
An enhanced disclosure from the DBS will be required for this post