Our strong collaborative ethos is reinforced every Tuesday afternoon when we close our school to students so that the last timetabled lesson is dedicated to departmental lesson planning.
Every lesson shapes a life. At John Colet our teachers plan lessons in school, so the shape of their home life is as energetic as their classes.
Being able to plan lessons in advance, with time to review classes delivered and work submitted by students, is just one of the reasons teachers love working at John Colet School.
Other reasons teachers work at John Colet School (Ofsted rated – good) include;
- Good work/life balance
- Being appreciated and recognised for a job well done
- The support from colleagues and SLT
- Respect and politeness from students
- Range of resources and support available to help achieve personal and professional goals
- Coaching and CPD workshops
- Lovely setting/environment (with plentiful, free staff parking)
- Revision sessions are well received and attended by students
- Knowing every student well and being able to offer individual support
- Staff and pupils feel safe
- Equality and diversity in the workplace is practiced
- Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers
- A wide variety of trips and extra-curricular activities (please see our website)
If you think life at John Colet School would suit you, then we are looking for an innovative teacher who enjoys planning exciting lessons for their classes to join us from September 2020.
- We require an excellent practitioner who is also keen to get involved in the wider life of the school and can really inspire the students.
- The successful candidate will teach Key Stage 3 (Years 7 and 8) and GCSE Drama (Years 9-11) as well as teaching in the English Department.
- Each Key Stage 3 tutor group has one lesson of Drama per fortnight and in Key Stage 4 there is one group of GCSE Drama in each of Years 9-11. Almost all lessons of Drama are taught in the Drama Studio.
- In addition to the Drama curriculum the school is seeking a specialist who will ensure a thriving extra-curricular provision including at least one school production each year.
As a Drama and English teacher you will be an integral part of taking our Drama and English departments on to the next stage of their development. We are an experienced, forward-thinking and supportive team with well equipped, purpose built facilities and digital learning promoted throughout. Which includes a set of student Chromebooks and one for every teacher.
You will be able to teach throughout the age and ability range but most importantly, you will be committed to excellence for your students, your colleagues, yourself and John Colet School.
Please visit our website for further information about our school and we took forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 9.00am, 24 February 2020
Interview date: 26 February 2020
The John Colet School takes the safeguarding and wellbeing of students seriously and this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and Qualifications check.