Come to work in a thriving community. Gosforth Federated Academies is a multi-academy trust consisting of four schools (Gosforth Academy, Gosforth Junior High Academy, North Gosforth Academy and Jesmond Park Academy) committed to providing a superb education for pupils from Year 5 through to Year 13. Gosforth Academy is a successful school which was rated ‘outstanding’ in its most recent Ofsted inspection. We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational teacher of Dance and Drama to join a successful department in an exciting phase of the Academy’s development.
The successful candidate will have the skills necessary to teach Drama through to A-level standard and Dance to GCSE. They will have the ability to inspire students with a genuine love and appreciation of the performing arts.
This is a superb opening for a teacher looking to develop in a highly skilled supportive environment, working closely with colleagues in other arts subjects, and with facilities including a purpose built drama studio.
What we need:
• An outstanding practitioner
• A passion for Drama and Dance
• The ability to teach Drama to A Level and Dance to GCSE
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for students of all abilities
• Flexibility, resilience and a sense of humour
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals
• Enthusiastic and motivated students
• Excellent career development opportunities
• An exciting and extensive commitment to professional development
• A large, vibrant Sixth form
• A school with its community at heart
• Low cost membership of an on-site gym and excellent sports facilities
• An exciting programme of staff ‘well-being’ activities, from Football to Surfing!
This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute to a popular and high-achieving department within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of progression, diversity and dynamism then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Gosforth Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undergo enhanced DBS clearance.
Please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have any queries. Alternatively visit our website www.gosforthacademy.org.uk.