Do you care passionately about raising aspirations for all young people? Are you committed to delivering the highest standards of teaching and learning? Do you strive for excellence, want to develop your own practice and try new things? If so, this is the place for you! Set in the lovely Somerset seaside town of Weston-super-Mare with close proximity to countryside, market towns and the university cities of Bristol, Bath and Exeter, and easy access to the M5 junctions 21 and 22, Broadoak prides itself on placing its students at the heart of all we do.
We are a successful, vibrant and oversubscribed school where achievement and relationships are vitally important, and where all students and members of staff are valued. We foster values of courtesy, consideration and individual responsibility, and offer a high level of challenge accompanied by high levels of support so that all can achieve their personal best.
We are seeking to appoint for September 2017 a passionate teacher of Music and Drama with drive and imagination to join an already successful team of practitioners. We warmly welcome applications from NQTs or more experienced teachers.
All students study Music and Drama throughout KS3 and are supported with the extra-curricular provision, which is an integral part of the Performing Arts Faculty. They are both well- subscribed at KS4.
The college is oversubscribed with excellent community links and excellent extra-curricular provision, and was judged to be good by OFSTED 2012; this is a judgement we expect to retain.
The post is temporary for 1 year, pending review, and appointment is subject to suitable references and enhanced DBS check.
- A Specialist College for Mathematics and Computing
- State-of-the art facilities in an attractive modern building and grounds
- Modern ICT facilities throughout the college including VLE
- A popular and over-subscribed learning community with a focus on school improvement
- A chance of working in a school with extensive staff training
- An induction and support programme for NQTs and all staff
- A hugely supportive staff team
- A laptop for every teacher
- Excellent professional growth and development opportunities
- Free on-site staff gym facilities
Additional information is available on the school website www.broadoakcollege.org.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 21st June 2017 (4.00pm)
To apply, please download and complete the attached application form. Once completed, please email to Fiona Docherty, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org